August 21, 2009

it's a blogoversary...is that what they call it?

233 posts later I celebrate my first blogoversary. A year ago I started this blog as a substitution to scrap booking. I wasn't really sure if I'd enjoy it or if I'd have anyone read it other than Kaley and Andy [when I force him to] but it has become an outlet for me and something I even, dare I say, cherish. What happens if the internet magically disappears one day??? [EXCLAMATION POINTS]

Around Christmas I added a Stat Counter to my page just for fun to see how many people were visiting a day and to my surprise there are over 100 people a day who stop by...often times hundreds. I don't think Kaley and Andy are that bored to make hundreds of stops here a day :) Lets just admit it... I have blogosphere friends. I have met and grown fond of so many people since I started my blog. Ladies from all over the country are friends with me. I talk about them like I know them. And other real life friends and I have gotten much closer just by following blogs. The internet amazes me.

The following chart is from my Stat Counter. It makes me laughs. It shows the visit length of my visitors on a regular basis. We have two opposite ends of the spectrum here.
Visit Length:
51.6% of my visitors spend more than an hour visiting my site.


41.8% of my visitors spend less than five seconds visiting my site.


I feel like the 51.6% is probably from my Grandma who just leaves my blog up on her computer screen everyday...occasion hitting the refresh button to see if I've updated it the last hour :) HI GRANDMA! She's my number one fan. AND the other 41.8% of you only have 5 seconds or less for me. I say what I need to say in the first sentence of my posts anyway : )

Thanks to all of you for putting up with my bad grammar and my excessive exclamation points. I do know that your not supposed to start a sentence with SO or AND but I do and will continue to...I just can't help myself.

Out of the hundreds reading my blog there about 10 people who comment. I love reading comments...Who doesn't LOVE reading comments?

So since it's my blogoversary...leave me a comment and tell me what about this nonsense has made you come back.

To end this joyous occasion I thought I'd leave you with the ugliest piece of clip art I could find. Tur Dur!



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahooo!! Happy Blogaversary! :)

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Way to go you! I don't know how long I spend on your blog, but I like you! I'm surprised by my stat counter too! Why don't the lurkers comment? It is truly so odd. I just, don't, get it. Anyway, it's a cute fam photo and I'm glad you're bloggin'!

He & Me + 3 said...

Happy Blogoversary! It truly is so fun to blog. Love coming by and hearing about your sweet boy...and you are just funny.

Courtney said...

I keep coming back because, well, I like you.

Love,
Your Secret Amirer

amberWIRE said...

You are hilarious and I love you...

I read your blog every day!

Ash said...

right after i check my email i click on your link, check to see if you have updated and then checkout your favorites to see if they have updated. Also sometimes at work I become bored and turn to you for a good story or observation you have for the day.

Unknown said...

I have your blog on my toolbar - says "MoBlog" - don't wanna get wordy. Click it at least once a day and a little frown goes on my face when I don't see a new story or picture. So, (i know not supposed to start w so), keep it up. Love you momo. xxoo

Emily said...

You're one funny chic! And - we're a lot alike - I think we are soul sisters!

I want a blog counter...

ChrissyM said...

Momo Rainbow,
I love reading your blogs. And, (woops) I love to see Little Colt's face during the day. So, when I have a moment I check it out. Then, when I have more than a moment...I look at old blogs. It's like reading a slice of your life. Thanks for sharing.
mama

Anonymous said...

Hello? tap tap...This thing on? Will it let me comment now?

I read your blog because, well, I like you too, just like Courtney so poignantly stated.

xoxo

More Than Words said...

You're too cute!!! Okay, now you made me self conscious with the exclamation points. It feels weird ending my sentence with just a period, although I know that is totally OKAY. Oh, that was hard not to end that last sentence w/out one.

Anyway..I come back to your blog because I think that you're real, I love looking at pictures, and your baby is totally adorable.

Happy Blogversary....... :)

Anonymous said...

I read cuz you're a HOOT!

An ever luvin' HOOT!

Steffanie Nowak said...

Hey Mo! I do have to admit that I visit your site quite often...I'm a creeper, what can I say! But, I love it! It cracks me up, makes me smile, and makes me think. Oh how I miss the days where we would hang out during Poms or chat during orchestra. :) It's my way of seeing what my "Big Sis" is up to. hahah (Please tell me you DO remember we were paired up my freshman year for Big/Lil sis?) Hope everything is going well for you!...sounds like it is :)

Kimberly Anne said...

One year, whoo hoo!!! Keep ‘em coming!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on one year! I keep coming back because I love to read what you write, your stories are so fun and heartfelt. I enjoy all the pictures too. I so need to work on pictures for my blog...keep your fingers crossed I get a new computer for Christmas.
Happy Blogoversary.