August 24, 2009

83 never looked so schnazzy

Meet Betty. Betty is Andy's grandma...well, my grandma too. Grandma-in-law. She is by far one of the most interesting, funny, loving people I have ever met...and I'm not just being nice because it's her birthday. She turned 83 yesterday.

You see that leopard print scarf around her neck? I bought her that for her birthday. I thought it was so cute I bought myself one too. Yes, Betty and I have matching leopard scarves. I told her now that she's 83 it's time to add some leopard print to her wardrobe. She agreed.

Here are some things I love about Betty:
  1. She says, neckin' when referring to two people kissing.
  2. Betty is so quiet [most quiet out of the whole family] and she doesn't ever want to interrupt people that she'll wait until dinner is almost 1/2 over before asking for salad dressing, or salt, or even sometimes her DINNER. TRUE STORY...Kelli [Andy's mom] always makes Betty's plate for her and once Kelli forgot and 1/2 way through dinner we look over at Betty and she's just sitting there...watching us all eat! We all had a little laugh and scolded her for being so pretty and proper. Then we got her some food.
  3. She likes reality TV shows...JUST LIKE ME : )
  4. In the breden family everyone is paired up: Matt [Andy's Dad] and Krystle [Andy's Sister] are alike...Andy and Kelli are alike...then there is Betty and I :) I can't tell you how many times we have just looked at each other and totally understood what the other was trying to say. We have a secret language.
  5. I love how she kicks my butt at every card game I've ever tried to play with her but always acts like she doesn't care that she won.

Anyways, she is pretty spectacular.

Happy birthday Betty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Happy Birthday to Betty! She is one of the sweetest :)

ChrissyM said...

what a lovely tribute to Betty. She is wonderful, I agree.

Happy Bday Betty