June 21, 2009

for dad

Dad,

Happy Fathers Day dad. Someone needs to find that Happy Farters Day card so we can all have a little laugh. I wanted to thank you for a few things.

1. Thank you for always teaching me to see if the good in things. You see the good in the bad. Andy teases me and says that everything is always 'puppies and rainbows' with me. I'm an optimist. I get that from you. I heard one time that optimists live longer. Cheers to that.

2. Thank you for working all those years on the dock loading semi's at Hover and Yellow. It was hard work. There were cold nights. Growing up we didn't get to see you much because of your work schedule but we watched you when we could. You never complained. You taught us to take pride in our work. It's a great quality to have.

3. Thank you for trying to blow that raft up for Spencer and I that one time at Diamond Lake. It only took you 2 hours to realize there was a hole in the raft. If I were older and not preoccupied with my hand stand and back flip contests we could have put our heads together and figured that one out!

You are a great man. I'm so blessed to have you in my life.

I know that things are hard right now. There are many things that are out of your hands. There are things happening to you that you can't control. I know that it's hard when you feel helpless. Mom, Spencer and I are feeling those pains too. But there is hope in Jesus. We'll make it through and we'll be stronger.

Your Mom and Dad are watching over you.
Jesus is watching over you.

Thank you for being a great Father!
I love you!
Mo

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a precious post and an awesome picture.
Sorry things are tough...I hope that they can be fixed & get better.
Sounds like you have an awesome Dad. 2 hours on a raft? That is patience. My dad would have trashed it after like 5 minutes. LOL

ChrissyM said...

I love this picture Mo.