June 18, 2009

sound it out

I wrapped Andy's Fathers Day present today and it reminded me of this one time...

This one time, when I was a wee one, we made Fathers Day cards for our Dads in school. I asked my teacher how to spell Father and she said I should sound it out and do the best I could on my own. So my card said this:

Happy Farters Day

Couldn't she have helped me re-arrange the letters a bit...?
Maybe throw a 'h' in there somewhere too...?
So don't forget to buy your Farter a gift for Farters Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute mo!

How's the weather looking for the party? The rain finally stopped her in CO so hopefully the sun is making its way to you!

Casey said...

OMG Mo this is hilarious! Your teacher should have just put the saying "Happy Father's Day" on the board. Who knows what the other kids said as well! But that is classic. I am sure he will never forget that one :)

He & Me + 3 said...

That is hilarious. Thanks for the reminder. I need to get my farter a gift!

Anonymous said...

You were wrong, yet so accurate....ha ha ha. love this.