So far I've managed to keep Colt healthy for almost an entire 6 months of life...then Andy had to go and jinx it.
We don't leave the house very often, which helps him stay away from the germies and I'm pretty anal about keeping his hands washed, clean and out of his mouth [especially out of the dogs mouth].
We went to visit Kaley yesterday. Colt was really snotty and coughy. Then just as we were about to leave he choked so bad and started hacking and was having trouble breathing. Kaley, our friend Jolee and I were all having a major moment of panic. It was not fun and a bit scary. Kaley handed Colt back to me, I leaned him forward and patted his back...he barfed all over, but more importantly started to breath again. Whew. I did not like it. Not at all.
He coughed all the way home and I was praying...please don't choke...please don't choke. Of course while I was trying to get home fast and worrying about my little nugget all the crazy drivers came out at once. I swear people were swerving and driving like idiots the whole ride home. Where's a cop when ya need one, right??
Colt had a bad night. We set up the play pin in our room so I could have quick access when he started choking. Every time he hacked I popped up like a jack-in-the-box and peered into the play pin to make sure he was getting everything up and still breathing. The jolt didn't allow me to fall back asleep very easily so I slept like crap. Andy didn't really jolt. His was more of a gaze in my direction...watching me jolt. Then he went back to sleep.
This morning I took him to a clinic because I couldn't get into our pediatrician. There was a three and a half hour wait! 3 1/2 hours!! Luckily I only had to wait 2 hours. I can't believe I just said a 2 hour wait was lucky. He has a cold and an ear infection. It happened in a 24 hour period. I can't believe it. His good health streak is over.
I have never felt so sorry for the little dude. I think I've gotten one smile from him all day.
Oh the sadness of a sick baby.
Here's to a happier tomorrow. Cheers.
3 comments:
poor baby boy! i hate having a sick baby its so scary and well just absolutely sad. i'll pray for colt. when i was a kid i always had ear infections-those are the worst! boo!
Sick babies stink, but especially when it is your first sick baby.
Sorry.
i'm so sorry. sad day...
at least you're keeping those hands out of his mouth. dirty habit! ;)
Post a Comment