February 27, 2009

almost 30

Today Andy is 26!
Which means he's almost 30!
Last weekend I threw him a poker party and this morning he got breakfast in bed. I woke up an hour earlier than he typically wakes up and about half way through my cooking extravaganza i noticed the hallway bathroom light was on and I though to myself, 'you turned the light off didn't you?' Well, I did, but out he stepped from behind the door and walked into the kitchen to see me operating pans, griddles, and toasters cooking up delicious bacon, eggs, pancakes and toast. Surprise?!? I was mad. My surprises NEVER work. Of all the days...could he have slept in just this once? To pour salt in my wound, he said he got up because he thought the house was on fire. So I burnt a pancake or two! C'mon!

I started to cry :)
He said that it was still a great surprise and was really sweet about it but I made him go back to bed while I finished.

As I wiped tears from my eyes I told him to at least act surprised. He did.

1 comment:

ChrissyM said...

Oh Mo how sweet of you. He deserves it too. I love that Colt had his breakfast in bed too. Making those memories...that you will all talk about when Colie is older.
Happy Birthday Andy,
We love you
Chrissy and Steve