
I used to work 40+ hours a week and be in charge of many things. Then there was baby and I went to working 8 hours a week manning a gift shop for my friends. As of yesterday I'm no longer doing that. I don't know what got into me...but it was like pulling teeth to get my butt in gear, say goodbye to my baby and be gone for a whole 4 hours a day...twice a week. This meant getting out of my pajamas, put my big girl pants and rejoining the world as you know it. I'd rather change poopy diapers, talk to Kathie Lee and Hoda through my TV screen and stare at my planner all day.
Andy, being the bread winner and the one having the final say to whether I could stay at home or not finally said Yes. But, after saying yes, he made things very clear..."If you stay home, this whole house is yours" - translation...'You must tap into your inner June Cleaver'
So last night I put lipstick on before I made dinner.
I didn't have the apron or the high heals or the fresh water pearl necklace but I'm working on it.
This transformation is going to be a process.
5 comments:
I'm sure those 8 hours a week did not seem worth it to you! It's such a blessing to be able to stay home with our children!! They grow up way too fast!!
You're too cute w/ the lipstick and all! When I get dressed in my regular clothes and not my "inside" clothes, my kids always ask, "Where are we going?" LOL
Haha I love it :) I Loove cooking and cleaning but i am a weirdO, you will have the best of times :) you are one lucky girl to be home with colt!
Mo, I love you and your hilarious blogging! I think this post should be the first page of your book about housewifeliness.
I'll be happy to contribute a few chapters as well :o) Just give me a few months until I'm a stay-at-home mom too!
amazing! :D lipstick. thats pretty darn classy. oh june cleaver, how she did it?!?! i don't know. today i had to go to PWOC (my ladies bible study thing-i actually have responsibilities :P) and someone said something about how i looked and i was like yeah well i havent showered in two days. :O hello friends
Well good luck with that "process". I'll sure stay tuned to see how it works out for ya.
Post a Comment