February 4, 2009

5 months

Every morning when I go into Colts room to get him I sing this:

Good morning! Good morning!
We danced the whole night through
Good morning! Good morning! To YOUUU...
Good morning! Good morning!
It's great to be alive!
Good Morning! Good Morning to you!

I know the last part doesn't rhyme...but I didn't make it up. My mom used to sing it to me. Sometimes, just because it annoys me that the end of that song doesn't rhyme...I'll make up a word and say "Good morning...Good morning...BEEHIVE" Just so it rhymes with alive. I know it makes no sense, but it's stupid to sing a sing that doesn't rhyme. Ehhh. I don't know. Anyway.

Today...I sang him Happy Birthday :) And he even made a 'coo' sound at the end. Which in baby talk means, 'Sing it again Mommy' - So I granted him his birthday wish and sang Happy Birthday to him twice.

He smiled.

Today Colt is 5 months old. He looks really old today too. Dang! He's growing up.
Here is what he does at 5 months old.
-He can jump and scream really loudly in his bouncy.
-He can almost suck his big toe.
-He is a supported sitter.
-He is in a size 4 diaper.
-He no longer fits in his baby car seat...but is still too young to upgrade to a larger one. Eh??
-He can see something and move his arms straight towards it and grab it.
-He eats cereal for breakfast.
-He giggles :)
-He can roll!!
-He can hold a 4 oz bottle all on his own.
-He sleeps for 10-10.5 hours a night and naps 4 times a day.
-He stays really quiet during his prayers at night.
-He can't help but smile when he sees Andy or myself.
-He likes to grab Coppers ears.
-He laughs are fart noises.
-He is an angel.
-He can beat me at Jeopardy.
-He wears 12-18 month clothes.
-He rarely cries. And when he does cry, usually I can talk to him and we work it out.
-He says momma. But typically it's because he's starts to moan with the letter 'm' and 'mama' comes out. I know he's saying my name by accident...but officially, 'mama' has been his first word :)

Colt,

Your 1st 5 months on this earth have been my best 5 months. You are the best.

Love,
Your mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, He's growing so fast!

Anonymous said...

that picture is so very cute of him! He is growing very fast and is going to pass my 2 year old up in clothes! He is just now going into 24months clothes!
Blessings,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

You should make a cake in his honor :)

Anonymous said...

Colt is so cute!