August 30, 2008

Aug 29th has come and gone.

Aug 29th has come and gone. It was my beloved due date. The date I wrote 'baby?' in my planner NINE months ago. I had an appointment yesterday and am still 3cms/80%effaced. They say I'm in the perfect spot to go on my own, but we then went ahead and scheduled an appointment for next Thursday just in case. Can I survive 5 more days with this baby still in my belly? Yes, is the answer...but do I want to wait that long? No.

Andy is getting really anxious too. It's really sweet. Everytime we go somewhere he puts the bag in the car just in case my water breaks. He's also been sporting his lucky Boston Red Sox hat hoping it will bring us good luck : ) He is off work through the end of September on some vacation time and I'm on maternity leave. These last few days have been pretty awesome actually. He's been home and we've been walking, eating [mostly me, he's been eating like a healthy skinny person for a while now and is doing awesome], we run errands together...it's just nice for it to be him and I with no distractions before our world changes forever and we try to remember what we used to do before baby with all our time : )

We got really excited last night because I started to have some real contractions for the first time. We start timing them just for fun and for an hour straight they were 6 mins apart! I thought for sure we'd be in the hospital all night. Andy convinced me to try to get some sleep if I could put off the pain of the contractions to get confortable enough to do so. I did. They slowly got less constant and I dozed into a baby-less dreamland. I woke up bunches with contractions through out the night but just figured they would get more painful if it was meant to be. I woke up this morning and have only have a few contractions all day. Hopefully they'll kick in today and it will be the real deal.

I made the mistake of telling my mom we were timing my contractions and they were 6 minutes apart. I told her I'd call if anything else happened. Dad called me at 12:15am to see if I was on my way to the hospital? Aparently mom had got him all worked up and they both were ready to head out the door. Dad said mom had taken a shower, done her hair, done her make up and was dressed and ready to go. I let him know that they both needed to calm down and go to sleep. I would call.

Dad called me earlier this a.m. to see how I was feeling and told me mom slept in her clothes last night...all ready to go : ) I think they're excited or something...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds like you are so close to having this baby...how exciting! since you're already 3 cm., i bet your labor will go quickly. your parents sound so cute...i love that your mom slept in her clothes. :)
~s

Anonymous said...

MO YOU ARE A MOMMA! ANDY YOU ARE A DADDD!


so happy for you two :) happy birthday colton :)

Anonymous said...

You have another pair of feet to add to your foot picture!