- my guts. I had my colonoscopy a few weeks ago and an ultra sound right after that. Both came back clear and healthy lookin. It's good I'm healthy lookin, but it's also pretty frustrating that we still had no answers. After my colonoscopy I decided to cut wheat out of my diet just to see what would happen, I had already had blood tests showing that I did not have siliac disease but I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. Magically all my pain went away and it was amazing. I did miss my toast and the occasional goldfish cracker I would snatch from Colt's lunch but I survived. After about 2 weeks of feeling good my stomach aches came back with a vengeance. I am still staying away from wheat until I meet next Thursday with a GI doctor. I'll probably need an upper GI. Weee!
- my disappearing fatness. Andy and I have about 1 week left in our weight loss competition for this month. I'm pleased to say that I have 1 pound to go! I'm just going to go ahead and say how much I had to loose this month to win because I honestly don't mind sharing and hopefully someone will get inspired or something...but will have lost 9lbs this month. That's a lot of weight! My total will be 28lbs since June. I can feel that $100 burning a hole in my pocket as we speak. I saw a really cute jacket at Target that has my name written all over it. I love that I haven't even won yet I've found a way to mentally spend all my winnings.
- funny disappearing fatness timing. Two days before our weigh in we're having a big tailgate for the ND game. Food, Drinks and more FOOD! The day after that is Halloween. Candy, Chocolate and more CANDY! Will power don't fail my now! I've been thinking about my strategy and I might wear my retainers to stop the likeliness of food entering my mouth...on the other hand the likeliness of something calling me a dork goes up dramatically with this idea.
- andy.
- On Wednesday Andy reports to the ambulance as a paramedic. Today was his last day on the fire truck. I'm proud of his hard work and excited for his raise.
- Andy is also getting skinny. His pants are ridiculously big and he needs a new belt because he no longer has enough notches to keep them up. It looks like he has old man pleats in his camo shorts they're so big. I would never have done well this year if it weren't for his support. He's really awesome.
- money. We've been patting ourselves on the back lately. This month, with Andy's over time and our diligence to keep living on a tight budget we were able to put an extra $750 on our car payment for this month. Again, I'm sharing this to brag on ourselves but more importantly to encourage people to do the same. It's possible! Only $1,000 more and we will owe NO. ONE. ANYTHING. Totally debt free! We owed about $12,000 a year ago and it's almost over with. I see myself jumping on the bed throwing dollar bills in air already. Who knows, maybe one day we'll even go on a vacation. Just one step closer to our life goal of being skinny and rich. :) I kid.
- one of my favorite times of the day. I love when my family is all tucked away for the night and I lay my head on the pillow and start to pray. I so enjoy reflecting on my day with God. I thank God for pairing me with Andy. I ask for wisdom on how to be a better mom. I pray for my friends. I thank God that Molly hasn't started crying even though I know she spit her paci out a few minutes ago. The good, bad and ugly...I absolutely love my life. I could cry just thinking about the thankfulness and love that I have for my maker. I'm what they call a happy human.
- molly haab.
- She turned 6 months last week. I swear she tripled in size last month. We got to her doctor appointment this week. I'm excited to see how big she's gotten.
- She still isn't rolling but she's close to sitting by herself.
- We started giving her food this week too. She likes bananas.
- She is still really chatty. She's always squealing and complaining about how her socks never stay on. She's my angel baby. And really, she is just that.
- colt.
- Little boy has been referred to as a 5 year old on more than a few occasions this week. When you see my "5 year old" throwing a tantrum it's because he's 2. He only looks 5.
- He is starting to talk a lot more. He finishes the last word of every sentence in his prayers [peyss] at night and says 'pounds' when I ask him how much he weighs after he stands on our bathroom scale. He's cute.
- Today he helped me clean the house and played with Copper for hours on end. At one point I looked up and found Copper wrapped up in all his blankies and he was laying next to her on her dog bed.
- hunting. I'm going hunting with Andy on Monday morning. I've never been hunting so I thought it would be fun to join. I'm gonna shoot the BIG BUCK. Not really, I'll be reading my book club book that I haven't even started yet but my hope is that I'll be there with him when he shoots the big one. I really just want to spend some time with him doing what he loves to do. I'm going to take some noisy snacks.
Now we're all caught up and I can sleep good tonight.

4 comments:
You look great! I SO hope you win your bet;) A little fun money is always something good to have.
Missed you last night!
You're looking great Mo! And I think you're safe eating/drinking at your tailgate MODERATION is the key. You gotta have an action plan when it comes to spending money, you wanna get the most out of your winnings.
I hope you win the bet as well because you are awesome! And NO PAIN is a good good thing!
Your stomach issues sound like Irritable Bowel Syndrome w/ Diarreah (IBS-D.)I have it. Try taking a fiber supplement every day for a few weeks. Start small and build your dose to keep from having bad gas. Also, take a probiotic or eat yogurt. The fiber cured mine as long as I take it every day. Good luck!
Post a Comment