October 5, 2010

go poop your guts out

Remember a few blogs back when I said I'd rather have a colonoscopy than take Colt to a public place? Well, I lied.

Today is what were referring to in the Breden household as, Cononoscopy Prep Day aka. Eat Disgusting Chicken Broth All Day Then Go Poop Your Guys Out.

At the beginning of summer I started to have really bad stomach aches. As of this last month they're happening multiple days a week, sometimes multiple days in a row and these bad 'spells' as I like to call them, can last up the 6 hours...two hours at the least. Pretty much...really, really bad pain and the occasional bad spell of diarrhea on the side. Would you like fries with that? No thank you, it would probably give me more diarrhea.

Anyhow, I had an ultrasound this morning to see if it was my gallbladder and my colonoscopy is tomorrow. I'm really hoping we can figure something out soon. There have been a few nights where I'm in bed curled up in a ball just crying because there isn't anything you can do to relieve the pain. I thought once about going to the ER but I prayed through it and the pain slowly started to go away. When I have these stomach aches I'm short with people, I don't want to hold my babies, I feel like I want to throw up. I'm just a mess.

Last night I was up until 2am in pain. I finished off a bottle of pepto [its soothes but doesn't fix] and stayed close to the potty. I'm pretty sure there is nothing in me so I see no point in drinking this disgusting colonoscopy prep juice. I read in the directions last night that you might have to use vasaline to help soothe your butt! Excuse me, Molly? Mommy needs to borrow your A&D ointment. DRAGGING MY FEET! I am, however, excited to get sedated :) I haven't taken a good nap in a while.

So...I'm praying for myself if ya wanna pray for me too.
I wanna feel better and quick!
Off to eat some more jello...


7 comments:

Ash said...

I prayed for you this morning and will continue to pray for you. Ugh...that sucks but hopefully they will figure you out. Remember use a straw and some good reads.

ODCFkids said...

oh sadness! i'm so sorry you haven't felt well. get better! [that was me bossing your body around]

Michelle Wegner said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with this! Being a Mommy to 2 babies and having that kind of mysterious pain is no fun at all. :( Praying and hoping for an answer for you.

shannon said...

oh man. i wish i would have known sooner! praying.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry! That is painful and terrible! I'm hoping that you feel better soon!

Allison said...

Will be thinking of you...so I had this thing called gastrocitis, not sure if thats the exact spelling but I would do the same thing lay in bed all curled up praying it would stop before going to er..i did make it once to er where they diagnosed it with that. I get this from time to time STILL and chug pepto like it's water and/or eat tums like it's candy...ok now go drink and poop/fart some more bahahaha..good luck MO! Hope you get some answers :)

Jennifer Johnson said...

Mo,
I am sorry you are going through all of this. Hopefully they can pin point exactly what the problem is. It's harder having small kids around too. But the good thing is you have an AMAZING support system in your family! :) I wish I could poop!! Maybe you should send me your jug of junk. My bowls don't want to work and it's almost 3 weeks post of for me. Have a relaxing nap tomorrow! ;) Blessings, Jennifer