I tried really hard to breath in every moment of when he was a newborn. It seems so long ago. I'd like to relive on of those days again.
I'm reminiscing, getting teary and then I hear Colt saying my name from his room. He had just woken up. I go in there and he's so happy to see me, as always. Typically I pick him up and he runs off to the kitchen for food or to go find Copper but today the first thing he said was, Mama, Hold me?
I picked him up and he sat on my hip just staring me in the face with a sweet smile on. Then he wiggled his little body around so that I could cradle him in my arms. And with his head tucked in close to my elbow, resting on my chest and his legs dangling down to my knees...he rested there while I rocked him and for a second I saw my newborn baby boy in his toddler face.
I can't relive September 08 but today God created a moment for me that was the next best thing.
He knows me.


6 comments:
I think you're a fantastic mom.
molly and colt are lucky!
I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I know those feelings. I am so thankful for the mother you are to my second "childhood" the years I get to do those moments over again with your beautiful children. I love you Mo.
so stinkin sweet. I love you guys!
Mo, this made me tear up. So sweet, and even at age 1 I treasure similar moments with Finn. Being a mom is the best.
Mo that is the very sweetest thing ever. Isn't it amazing how God even hears the smallest (or biggest) desires of our hearts?!
So cute! I LOVE it when Gooner wants to snuggle! As they grow older it is as if you can feel them slipping away. Sometimes she looks like such a little girl and in my head I'm already taking her to kindergaarten. Sob. Screetch.
Post a Comment