Yesterday I had my 37 week Molly appointment. I was secretly wanting to hear, you're really huge...let's take you now! It would have gone down as one of the only times that being HUGE is considered a good thing. Instead they told me that I was still 2cms/80% effaced, measuring at 39.5 weeks and at 37 weeks along, I was too early to induce. So we wait another week and create a plan from there.
My doctor was really kind and kept saying, I know you're ready...I know you're done but. I had planned on crying at my appointment to see how far that would get me but the actress in myself just couldn't pull it off. So much for that Oscar. Of course as soon as the doctor said he'd see me next week and left the room I looked at Andy and I thought about crying. It was justified but I just decided to just say, Dang...so we wait. Andy said he was proud of me for not getting upset over something I couldn't control and then bought me the largest chocolate ice cream cone DQ had ever seen. It helped.
My mom recently had lots and lots of free time open up in her schedule and my Dad is still waiting for his job to start back up after his brain surgery fiasco so my buddy boy and I have been practically living at their house. It's really been a blessing since Colt is in the lets-run-as-fast-as-I-can-from-my-pregnant-waddling-mother phase. We've had a ton of fun together the last few weeks.
Speaking of my buddy boy...Colt is starting to talk! Last week just about 95% of his vocabulary was one word 'Bah'. Now he's saying...car, truck, bird, doggie, mama, dada, papa, pat, milk...there are many more but I can't think. If you would ask Colt to say car you'll hear 'ca', truck is 'cuck', bird is 'buuuur' so some of his language is up for translation but I know exactly what he's saying and really, at least he's trying. He's a smartie boy. Ahhhh, I love him. He's tall and more slender and we buzzed his hair the other day so he looks like a 5 year old. [double sniff].
In other news [just call me Chatty Cathy] I got my hair did this week. I almost canceled my appointment because I was having a bad pregnant morning but I slowly started to feel better and the blonde highlights lifted my mood. Here's a before and after shot. I was feeling very America's Next Top Model-esque in the first shot and trying not to make a weird face in the second...which resulted in an even more bug-eyed weird face.
My nails also look really good. Sounds quite stupid but when I'm having a bad moment good hair and nails makes me happy. And my son, he makes me happy too. And Andy. I really love him.
Whelp. I'm off to start my day. I've got the joy of the Lord in my heart and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a good one. A pregnancy massage is in the works, possibly a nap, a trip to the station to visit Daddy and to see the fire 'cuck' then who knows...maybe I'll break my water with a crochet needle.
Until next time...
good afternoon.
good evening.
and good night.

5 comments:
I wish you could see me sitting in my humble little kitchen in far far away Oklahoma laughing while I read your post. You are so dang funny with your crochet needle and all. I'm sorry you have to wait. It stinks I Know it really really stinks. Thinking 'bout cha.
Hang in there! I'm feeling your pain - I almost lost it this morning when the doctor called and tried to cancel my appointment on me (I was due yesterday and have been at your exact stats for 3+ weeks now - baby is way too comfy). 20 minutes later they called and worked me in only to hear the same news - still no additional progress - we'll threaten baby next week. Boo! Mark did end up taking me out to breakfast though.... the fun of the end! And I really, really, really thought they would just have me stay at the hospital today!
So instead I'm home, making meals for the freezer... laughing at your blog.
Take Care!
Sarah (Kolasa) Bouma
That last month is the killer. It is best for the baby to stay put but man I remember thinking I just want them out because I could never breath. LOL
I can't wait to meet Molly via blogland.
My baby is almost a year old and somehow your posts are making my feet swell up! Have andy give you a habd with that crochet hook.
Those last days are like 10 days in 1, aren't they? Hang in there. I did the crying trick with 2/3, and it worked for me. :)
Post a Comment